Health Commitment Statement
Your or your child’s health, is your responsibility. The management, coaches and officers of this club are dedicated to helping you take every opportunity to enjoy the activities that we offer. With this in mind we have carefully considered what we can reasonably expect of each other.
Our commitment to you
- We will respect your personal decisions, and allow you to make you own decisions about what exercise you can carry out. However, we ask you not to exercise beyond what you consider to be your own abilities.
- We will make every reasonable effort to make sure that our equipment and facilities are in a safe condition for you to use and enjoy.
- We will take all reasonable steps to make sure that our coaches are qualified to the industry standards as set out by British Triathlon.
- If you tell us that you have a disability, which puts you at a disadvantage in accessing our equipment and facilities, we will consider what adjustment, if any, are reasonable for us to make.
Your commitment to us
- You should not exercise beyond your own abilities. If you know or are concerned that you have a medical condition which might interfere with you exercising safely, before you train, you should get advice from relevant medical professional and follow that advice.
- You should make yourself aware of any rules and instructions, including warning notices. Exercise carries its own risks. You should not carry out any activities, which you have been told are not suitable for you.
- You should let us know immediately if you feel ill when being coached. Our coaches and officers are not qualified doctors, but there will be a person available who has had first-aid training.
- If you have a disability, you must follow any reasonable instructions to allow you to exercise safely.
This statement is for guidance only. It is not a legally binding agreement between you and us and does not create any obligation, which you or we must meet.